Squid Squad returns to Saltmarsh with information on the Sahuagin Lair. Unfortunately, they lost 2 members of their party.
The Saltmarsh taverns start a “Go Fund Guy” to resurrect their beloved bard. The rest of the party contributes the remaining gold for the one-legged Wellgar Brinehanded to bring Guy back.
Afterwards, the party rests at the Snapping Line tavern and enjoy some claw wine. They meet a knight named “Firbolg” who has traveled to Saltmarsh and offers his help in defeating the Sahuagin. Captain Xenderos has a new shipment of magic items that she wishes to present to the party the next day.
At Captain Xenderos magic item shop, our adventurers are pampered with bathrobes, slippers, champagne and shrimp. Guy buys a Tan bag of tricks. A few others place requests for magic items.
Snaps: A New Battle Axe,
Kelda: a potion of invisibility
Sargassum: Ioun Stone of Protection
Guy: “A Flying Lute+3”
Later that night, a small band of sahuagin raiders attack Saltmarsh at night. Squid Squad quickly dispatches the sahuagin sea devils. Sargassum and Firbolg cut off the escape of any sahuagin stragglers.
Player condition tracking notes:
- Sar-Gassum still has the Curse of Scales (scaly appearance: disadvantage on charisma checks and -2 from max hp)
- Guy – granted the Blessing of Procan
The map provided by the lizardfolk.
Map Drawn by Lizardfolk Snaps and Oceanus have been captured and held somewhere in the sahaguin stronghold can the heroes find them in time?
The Saltmarsh Town Council asks our heroes for the following information:
- Determine the strength of the sahuagin force: how many warriors. lieutenants. and other battle-ready troops are present.
- Locate important areas within the fortress: where are the warriors barracked. the officers quartered, and the leaders housed.
- Discover any significant defensive measures: traps, areas readied specifically for defense, and other dangers the attacking force must avoid or overcome.
- Discover how advanced the sahuagin preparations are and when they might mount their first attack.
Active Quest Log
- The Final Enemy – The town council has decided to send a recon team (our adventurers) to the sahaguin lair. Snaps and Oceanus have left town and escorted the two lizardfolk diplomats back to the North – they await the rest of the party. The mission: infiltrate the sahuagin stronghold, determine their strength of numbers, identify key areas of the fortress, discover key defenses and learn how soon the sahuagin might attack. A full assault will be launched 14days after your return.
Quests completed, or not available at this time
- Reptile Plague – the town of Saltmarsh has contracted a mysterious hex-plague where people become sick and grow scales. – The heroes stop the poison from spreading, Guy took evidence back to Saltmarsh in hopes that the town wizards can find a cure. While others believe the lizardfolk are behind this attack, Guy reasons that it is probably something different.
- Dead Fish – something is polluting the water and killing the fish; Ferrin (the sun-bathing halfling druid) offers 4 potions of water breathing to those who offer to find and end source of the problem. – still a mystery.
- Find and Stop Rat Albert – a halfling is the primary suspect in the deaths of forest protectors Marsh Marrow (a treant) and 2 dryads. – mission mostly complete; Rat Albert escaped and probably won’t return;
- Participate in the Lizardfolk games – strengthen the relationship with the lizardfolk tribe and prove that Saltmarsh can provide skilled and strong warriors. A magical item is offered as a prize in the final event. – Saltmarsh sent others to represent the town, the games are canceled when mud beach demons attack. Tensions between humans and lizardfolk rise – mission no longer available.
- Salvage Operation – A merchant hired the party to recover a box lost at sea 3 years ago. – 100% complete.
- The Hunt for Thousand Teeth – Queen Othokent wants adventurers to deal with the ancient crocodile that hunts near the lizardfolk tribe’s lair. – Investigated and lost a party member;
- Close the Portal/Fix the Chandalier @ Waterkheel – Demon-like creatures continue to appear. A powerful undead drow woman (Yalaga) is the caretaker of the underwater ruins. Kelp and Kjardi now haunt the ruins.
- Crabbers Cove – local fisher, Gloomy Devil is missing. A halfling named Rat Albert is wanted for further questioning. – neither Rat Albert or Gloomy Devil were found, fountain coin thieves are busted and some barrel mimics destroyed.
- Investigate the Dread Wood – unnatural things are stirring in the Dread Wood. The sun-bathing halfling Ferrin and his seagull, Jonathan believes a source of poison can be found by following the river. – the source is discovered and the plague is stopped.
- Recover a Sunken Treasure – Captain Xendros mentioned a magical mechanical crab was lost at sea, she needs someone to recover it. She is beginning to believe the adventures might be able to help with this deadly mission.
- Firbolg the newest member of Squid Squad is a large firbolg knight that goes by the name, Firbolg. (Age 20; H 7’+; W 300;)
- Guy Windsong entertainer who is proficient in limericks and maybe a marine supply clerk?, half-elf bard;
- Kelda Hellsdóttir a red-headed hermit (follows the steps of her twin sister) on a mission to end slavery in the area. human druid, circle of the coast; (Age 30; H 5’6”; W 117;)
- Quixsy an elite soldier who broke barriers and became a role model for women. marine veteran, half-orc barbarian; (Age 36; H 5’8”; W 152;)
- Sar-Gassum (was that Sgt. Awesome?) his previous squad was crushed by a leviathan, soldier, water genasi monk (Age 23; H 6’0”; W 180;)
- Snaps (Chelydra Serpentina) she enjoys the sea, and hopes to buy some oceanfront property. marine veteran, tortle barbarian; (Age 30; H 5’6”; W 425;)