Adventurers find the Lizardfolk tribe.
The Town Council fears the Lizardfolk may be planning an attack on Saltmarsh.
Sar-Gassum and Adran successfully trace tracks to a large wooden door. The party sets up a stakeout from above and watches who/what enters and exits. During the evening the party witnesses a hunting group of lizardfolk enter the lair. At dawn, a group of lizardfolk hunters exit and the party decides to follow and attack when the opportunity is right. Oceanus, trips over a log and the group’s cover is blown. The party scatters and hides planning for an ambush. Reluctantly, a few hold back their surprise attack to see what the lizardfolk might do. Adran approaches in a peaceful manner and the lizardfolk are open to communicating and trading.
The group are led back to the lizardfolk tribe and meet the minister Sauriv and their queen, Othokent. The group is given a 24-hour trial to impress the tribe. After which, the queen will decide if the group is worthy to be considered an ally. Sar-Gassum impresses warriors with his arrow deflection ability, Adran does the same with his flaming sword. Oceanus hits it off with some merfolk. Snaps wins over the lizardfolk hatchlings with her peek-a-boo skills and Kelda trades the knowledge of good-berries for the shape of the crocodile with Sauriv.
The queen is impressed, and the minister draws up a letter of introduction to be presented to the Saltmarsh Council. The lizardfolk have been displaced from their home by Sahuagin. A few tribes (Koalinth (sea goblins) Locathah (fish people) and Merfolk have already agreed to work together to battle the Sahuagin. The queen also asks for some assistance with a nearby nuisance – Thousand Teeth, an ancient crocodile that hunts near the lizardfolk tribe. Your reward is whatever you can recover in the crocodile’s lair – Thousand Teeth should have plenty of treasure from all the creatures it has eaten. The crocodile is considered sacred and a good omen to the tribe, but it has also devoured and attacked many of the tribe. The queen would like the head of thousand teeth to add to her trophy collection which currently consists of a giant crayfish, carrion crawler, hippopotamus, hobgoblin, sahuagin, brown bear, lion, giant frog and 2 sharks.
- The Hunt for Thousand Teeth – Queen Othokent wants adventurers to deal with the ancient crocodile.
- Complete the Lizardfolk Investigation Mission – Return to Saltmarsh with information on the lizardfolk
- Close the Portal/Fix the Chandalier @ Waterkheel – Demon-like creatures continue to appear. A powerful undead drow woman (Yalaga) is the caretaker of the underwater ruins. Kelp and Kjardi now haunt the ruins.
- Crabbers Cove – Gloomy Devil was never found. A halfling named Rat Albert is wanted for further questioning.
- Recover a Sunken Treasure – Captain Xendros has mentioned a magical mechanical crab was lost at sea, she would like someone to recover it. She is not ready to trust adventurers for this mission – a potion of healing has been purchased from her.
- Adran Ostoroth, Githzerai Bloodhunter from the Order of the Profane Soul – searching for his friend Valamoir.
- Droth assigned to serve as a supporting medic for this adventuring band. water genasi grave cleric;
- Guy Windsong entertainer who is proficient in limericks and maybe a marine supply clerk?, half-elf bard;
- Kelda Hellsdóttir a red-headed hermit (follows the steps of her twin sister) on a mission to end slavery in the area. human druid, circle of the coast; (Age 30; H 5’6”; W 117;)
- Mossback “That’s Mr. Tortle to you!”, a local Saltmarsh fisher; tortle druid;
- Quixsy an elite soldier who broke barriers and became a role model for women. marine veteran, half-orc barbarian; (Age 36; H 5’8”; W 152;)
- Sar-Gassum (was that Sgt. Awesome?) his previous squad was crushed by a leviathan, soldier, water genasi monk (Age 23; H 6’0”; W 180;)
- Snaps (Chelydra Serpentina) she enjoys the sea, and hopes to buy some oceanfront property. marine veteran, tortle barbarian; (Age 30; H 5’6”; W 425;)