Adventures have captured The Ghost. Two tendays have passed since our heroes captured the smuggler’s ship…
The party are now presented with these new adventuring options (players to choose)
A: Sign a 6-month contract to be served onboard The Ghost.
The Town Council adds the Sea Ghost to the Crown’s fleet – it is about to embark on a 6 month tour to battle pirates and various sea-based missions.
Travel South – This set of adventures will be at sea on the Sea Ghost. Patrolling for pirates and various sea quests.
You will not have access to Saltmarsh services for months at a time (spell casting, magic item buying from Captain Xenderos, taverns, etc.)
Reward/Pay: 30-300gp each upon completion of tour. Pay based on your ship crew position and additional rewards for returning smuggled goods.
B: Join Oceanus on a scouting mission – find and investigate a Lizardfolk tribe.
A Sea Elf named Oceanus was a prisoner onboard The Ghost along with three Lizard-folk (“customers of the pirates”). Oceanus will be leading an expedition to the lizardfolk lair to find out their intentions. The Town Council fears the Lizard-folk may be planning an attack on Saltmarsh.
Travel West – This set of adventures will include exploring the coast, Hool Marshes and Dunwater River. You will be away from town for about 1 tenday. You’ll also have a chance to continue other Saltmarsh quests.
Reward/Pay: 700gp total for successfully completing the mission;
C: Follow-up on the seagull’s (Jonathan’s) scouting report.
Ferrin the halfling sunbather with a pet seagull has a new report. Evil continues to grow in the Dreadwood and Drowned Forests – Silverhorn the Unicorn is missing.
Travel inland (North) to the Dreadwood and the Drowned Forest. This set of adventures will include exploring rivers, an outpost and 3 nearby forests.
You will be away from town for 1-3 tendays.
Reward/Pay: TBD; Kester’s Leather Goods pays for exotic beast, aberration and monster hides. Exotic hides pay 300-600gp each. Hides need to be returned to Saltmarsh for pay.
- Serve the Crown/ Sail The Ghost – Adventurers who want to serve and aid the crown are offered the use of The Ghost. Requires a 6-month commitment to the Crown, talk to Captain Elliander, Captain of the Saltmarsh Guard.
- Lizardfolk Lair – The Town Council wants more information. Oceanus leads a scouting party to a lizardfolk lair.
- Investigate the Dread Wood – Something unnatural is stirring in the Dread Wood, according to the sun-bathing halfling Ferrin and his seagull, Jonathan.
- Close the Portal/Fix the Chandalier @ Waterkheel – Demon-like creatures continue to appear. A powerful undead drow woman (Yalaga) is the caretaker of the underwater ruins. Kelp and Kjardi now haunt the ruins.
- Crabbers Cove – Gloomy Devil was never found. A halfling named Rat Albert is wanted for further questioning.
- Recover a Sunken Treasure – Captain Xendros has mentioned a magical mechanical crab was lost at sea, she would like someone to recover it. She is not ready to trust adventurers for this mission – a potion of healing has been purchased from her.
Players who are not level 3 yet, should level their character up to level 3 (900xp). This will be the new starting level for the next set of adventures.
- Droth assigned to serve as a supporting medic for this adventuring band. water genasi grave cleric;
- Guy Windsong entertainer who is proficient in limericks and maybe a marine supply clerk?, half-elf bard;
- Kelda Hellsdóttir a red-headed hermit (follows the steps of her twin sister) on a mission to end slavery in the area. human druid, circle of the coast; (Age 30; H 5’6”; W 117;)
- Mossback “That’s Mr. Tortle to you!”, a local Saltmarsh fisher; tortle druid;
- Quixsy an elite soldier who broke barriers and became a role model for women. marine veteran, half-orc barbarian; (Age 36; H 5’8”; W 152;)
- Sar-Gassum (was that Sgt. Awesome?) his previous squad was crushed by a leviathan, soldier, water genasi monk (Age 23; H 6’0”; W 180;)
- Snaps (Chelydra Serpentina) she enjoys the sea, and hopes to buy some oceanfront property. marine veteran, tortle barbarian; (Age 30; H 5’6”; W 425;)
- Valamoir A blue-skinned, green haired marine with the blessing of Corellon they are hunting sahaughin, sea elf sorcerer/artificer; (Age 375; H 5’2”; W 132;)
- Adran Ostoroth, Githzerai Bloodhunter from the Order of the Profane Soul – searching for his friend Valamoir.