The Saltmarsh Town Council brings Squid Squad into a war planning meeting. Various representatives of the Saltmarsh Alliance are present.
A long planning session is held. The party debates various strategies for how they might defeat the sahuagin. Ultimately, they decide on the following:
The Saltmarsh Alliance will setup forces in 2 locations.
On Land – forces will attempt to draw out as many sahuagin troops out of the tower. The land force will then fall back further inland. Their ultimate goal is to distract as many of the sahuagin as possible without taking significant losses. The land forces include:
- Tom “La Rocke” Stoutly and the Saltmarsh Marines
- Saltmarsh Militia
- Lizardfolk Scalesheilds
At Sea – Squid Squad and forces will attempt to enter the stronghold through the same underwater entrance they explored last time.
- Squid Squad (Kelda, Sargassum and Snaps)
- Guy will lead Borgas and his seal mounts
- Quixsy will lead Kish and the viscious Sea Lion
- Firbolg will lead Aerial and the merfolk warriors.
- Drench and the sea goblins will act on their own
Two horn blasts are heard – a signal for Squid Squad to begin their assault from underwater!
Player condition tracking notes:
- Sar-Gassum still has the Curse of Scales (scaly appearance: disadvantage on charisma checks and -2 from max hp)
- Guy – granted the Blessing of Procan
The map provided by the lizardfolk.
Active Quest Log
- The Final Enemy, The Assault – The Saltmarsh Alliance has decided to launch a full assault on the sahuagins. Take out or capture as many sahuagin leaders as possible.
Quests completed, or not available at this time
- Reptile Plague – the town of Saltmarsh has contracted a mysterious hex-plague where people become sick and grow scales. – The heroes stop the poison from spreading, Guy took evidence back to Saltmarsh in hopes that the town wizards can find a cure. While others believe the lizardfolk are behind this attack, Guy reasons that it is probably something different.
- Dead Fish – something is polluting the water and killing the fish; Ferrin (the sun-bathing halfling druid) offers 4 potions of water breathing to those who offer to find and end source of the problem. – still a mystery.
- Find and Stop Rat Albert – a halfling is the primary suspect in the deaths of forest protectors Marsh Marrow (a treant) and 2 dryads. – mission mostly complete; Rat Albert escaped and probably won’t return;
- Participate in the Lizardfolk games – strengthen the relationship with the lizardfolk tribe and prove that Saltmarsh can provide skilled and strong warriors. A magical item is offered as a prize in the final event. – Saltmarsh sent others to represent the town, the games are canceled when mud beach demons attack. Tensions between humans and lizardfolk rise – mission no longer available.
- Salvage Operation – A merchant hired the party to recover a box lost at sea 3 years ago. – 100% complete.
- The Hunt for Thousand Teeth – Queen Othokent wants adventurers to deal with the ancient crocodile that hunts near the lizardfolk tribe’s lair. – Investigated and lost a party member;
- Close the Portal/Fix the Chandalier @ Waterkheel – Demon-like creatures continue to appear. A powerful undead drow woman (Yalaga) is the caretaker of the underwater ruins. Kelp and Kjardi now haunt the ruins.
- Crabbers Cove – local fisher, Gloomy Devil is missing. A halfling named Rat Albert is wanted for further questioning. – neither Rat Albert or Gloomy Devil were found, fountain coin thieves are busted and some barrel mimics destroyed.
- Investigate the Dread Wood – unnatural things are stirring in the Dread Wood. The sun-bathing halfling Ferrin and his seagull, Jonathan believes a source of poison can be found by following the river. – the source is discovered and the plague is stopped.
- Recover a Sunken Treasure – Captain Xendros mentioned a magical mechanical crab was lost at sea, she needs someone to recover it. She is beginning to believe the adventures might be able to help with this deadly mission.
- Firbolg the newest member of Squid Squad is a large firbolg knight that goes by the name, Firbolg. (Age 20; H 7’+; W 300;)
- Guy Windsong entertainer who is proficient in limericks and maybe a marine supply clerk?, half-elf bard;
- Kelda Hellsdóttir a red-headed hermit (follows the steps of her twin sister) on a mission to end slavery in the area. human druid, circle of the coast; (Age 30; H 5’6”; W 117;)
- Quixsy an elite soldier who broke barriers and became a role model for women. marine veteran, half-orc barbarian; (Age 36; H 5’8”; W 152;)
- Sar-Gassum (was that Sgt. Awesome?) his previous squad was crushed by a leviathan, soldier, water genasi monk (Age 23; H 6’0”; W 180;)
- Snaps (Chelydra Serpentina) she enjoys the sea, and hopes to buy some oceanfront property. marine veteran, tortle barbarian; (Age 30; H 5’6”; W 425;)