Our adventures stand in the cargo hold of a sinking ship. Filthy waist deep bilge water (and more) fills the entire area. Guy spots a ghoul struggling underwater, pinned by debris and broken crates.
More ghouls emerge from the water and attack. A chaotic battle ensues and the ship is attacked by gigantic tentacles.
Meanwhile, the 2 dwarves can be heard yelling to our adventures to get out now!
Jamie quickly finds the crate and with Snaps’ help the two carry the heavy box toward the magical anchor. As the ship is pulled over onto it’s port side, everyone grabs onto the anchor and “Muktuk” out. Kelda loses her grip, but Sar Gassum and Snaps manage to grab her. The anchor pulls everyone and the box out of the cargo hold and into the ocean. The sinking ship is being dragged down by giant tentacles. Strange demons cling to the sinking ship, and the dwarves are battling spiders and a half-orc for control of the rowboat (just out of distance from the tentacles).
With incredible speed, Sar Gassum swims over and attaches the anchor’s rope to the rowboat. Everyone else makes their way to the rowboat dodging the flailing tentacles. Jamie blasts the half-orc and a giant spider off the rowboat with a thunderwave. Kelda wildshapes into an octopus and inks the half-orc – blinding him. Guy saves an unconscious dwarf floating in the water. Sar Gassum is also knocked unconscious after suffering a few bites from the giant spiders. The remaining adventures fight off the spiders and half-orc, save their fallen comrades and make it back to the elated dwarven crew onboard the Soul of Winter.
When our adventures return to Saltmarsh, Aubreck is the first to greet them at the docks. With the good news, Aubreck throws a celebratory party for our adventurers and the dwarven sailors. The adventures are rewarded 10,000gp. Shortly after, Captain Xenderos, the tiefling magic item dealer, approaches our adventures hoping that they will renew their “membership” – she has some fabulous items available for purchase!
- Salvage Operation – A once wealthy merchant, Aubreck Drallion, hires the party to recover a treasure lost at sea. COMPLETED!
- Find and Stop Rat Albert – the halfling is now a suspect in the deaths of forest protectors Marsh Marrow (an ent) and 2 dryads (unidentified).
- Participate in the Lizardfolk games – strengthen the relationship with the lizardfolk tribe and prove that Saltmarsh can provide skilled and strong warriors. A magical item is offered as a prize in the final event.
- The Hunt for Thousand Teeth – Queen Othokent wants adventurers to deal with the ancient crocodile that hunts near the lizardfolk tribe’s lair.
- Close the Portal/Fix the Chandalier @ Waterkheel – Demon-like creatures continue to appear. A powerful undead drow woman (Yalaga) is the caretaker of the underwater ruins. Kelp and Kjardi now haunt the ruins.
- Crabbers Cove – local fisher, Gloomy Devil is missing. A halfling named Rat Albert is wanted for further questioning.
- Recover a Sunken Treasure – Captain Xendros has mentioned a magical mechanical crab was lost at sea, she would like someone to recover it. She is not ready to trust adventurers for this mission – a potion of healing has been purchased from her.
- Droth assigned to serve as a supporting medic for this adventuring band. water genasi grave cleric;
- Guy Windsong entertainer who is proficient in limericks and maybe a marine supply clerk?, half-elf bard;
- Jamie half-elf bard, made a sudden and mysterious appearance through a time-warping portal; (Age 28;)
- Kelda Hellsdóttir a red-headed hermit (follows the steps of her twin sister) on a mission to end slavery in the area. human druid, circle of the coast; (Age 30; H 5’6”; W 117;)
- Mossback “That’s Mr. Tortle to you!”, a local Saltmarsh fisher; tortle druid;
- Quixsy an elite soldier who broke barriers and became a role model for women. marine veteran, half-orc barbarian; (Age 36; H 5’8”; W 152;)
- Sar-Gassum (was that Sgt. Awesome?) his previous squad was crushed by a leviathan, soldier, water genasi monk (Age 23; H 6’0”; W 180;)
- Snaps (Chelydra Serpentina) she enjoys the sea, and hopes to buy some oceanfront property. marine veteran, tortle barbarian; (Age 30; H 5’6”; W 425;)