Our adventurers start off on a ship called the Soul of Winter, which was heading to the site of a derelict ship. A wealthy merchant, Aubreck Drallion, has hired them to recover a heavy, blue colored chest from the cargo hold.
The Emperor of the Waves was lost in a storm 3 years ago. The dwarves serving onboard Soul of Winter are fearful of the ghost ship. The ship’s figurehead has been vandalized and looks more hag-like. Dressed in puffy pirate captain gear, Guy takes charge of a rowboat and the party boards The Emperor of the Waves. The slowly sinking ship has considerable damage, its masts have been broken off, it sits low and tilted in the water. Hundreds of tiny spiders are seen scurrying across a bloodstained deck.
The party has several options to make their way down to the cargo hold. They decide to go through the captain’s quarters. The cabin is blanketed in spider webs and infested with a variety of monsterous spider creatures. They make a tactical retreat, back to the deck and dispatch the monsters after a loud battle. They decide a more direct route might be better. Sar-Gassum lowers himself down through the cargo hold doors using the magical anchor of seafaring. More spider monsters emerge through the navigator’s quarters and up through the cargo hold entrance. Jamie blasts a hole through the 2nd floor grate with another thunderwave and Guy inspires the party to make a speedy escape past the monsters and into the cargo hold. The party grabs onto the magical anchor and splash down to a partially submerged cargo hold.
The spiders do not follow. Our adventures now stand in a cargo hold. Filthy waist deep bilge water (and more) fills the entire area. They begin searching for a crate emblazoned with a stylized “A”. Crates and rotting cargo are piled all along the port side of the sinking ship. The party spreads out to conduct a search. Guy spots a rotting corpse underwater. The body begins moving…
- Salvage Operation – A once wealthy merchant wants to hire the party to recover a box lost at sea. Our party is now in the cargo hold looking for the box.
- Find and Stop Rat Albert – the halfling is now a suspect in the deaths of forest protectors Marsh Marrow (an ent) and 2 dryads (unidentified).
- Participate in the Lizardfolk games – strengthen the relationship with the lizardfolk tribe and prove that Saltmarsh can provide skilled and strong warriors. A magical item is offered as a prize in the final event.
- The Hunt for Thousand Teeth – Queen Othokent wants adventurers to deal with the ancient crocodile that hunts near the lizardfolk tribe’s lair.
- Close the Portal/Fix the Chandalier @ Waterkheel – Demon-like creatures continue to appear. A powerful undead drow woman (Yalaga) is the caretaker of the underwater ruins. Kelp and Kjardi now haunt the ruins.
- Crabbers Cove – local fisher, Gloomy Devil is missing. A halfling named Rat Albert is wanted for further questioning.
- Recover a Sunken Treasure – Captain Xendros has mentioned a magical mechanical crab was lost at sea, she would like someone to recover it. She is not ready to trust adventurers for this mission – a potion of healing has been purchased from her.
- Droth assigned to serve as a supporting medic for this adventuring band. water genasi grave cleric;
- Guy Windsong entertainer who is proficient in limericks and maybe a marine supply clerk?, half-elf bard;
- Jamie half-elf bard, made a sudden and mysterious appearance through a time-warping portal; (Age 28;)
- Kelda Hellsdóttir a red-headed hermit (follows the steps of her twin sister) on a mission to end slavery in the area. human druid, circle of the coast; (Age 30; H 5’6”; W 117;)
- Mossback “That’s Mr. Tortle to you!”, a local Saltmarsh fisher; tortle druid;
- Quixsy an elite soldier who broke barriers and became a role model for women. marine veteran, half-orc barbarian; (Age 36; H 5’8”; W 152;)
- Sar-Gassum (was that Sgt. Awesome?) his previous squad was crushed by a leviathan, soldier, water genasi monk (Age 23; H 6’0”; W 180;)
- Snaps (Chelydra Serpentina) she enjoys the sea, and hopes to buy some oceanfront property. marine veteran, tortle barbarian; (Age 30; H 5’6”; W 425;)