Adventurers seize The Ghost – a merchant yacht believed to be involved with smuggling and slavery. Will Stoutly, Saltmarsh marine is backstabbed and the original plan goes off the rails.
A chaotic battle occurs on The Ghost – a few smugglers are taken out. The Captain and Witch strike a deal – offering the ship and crew for their freedom. Sar-Gassum and Thalamoir (both unconscious) are taken as insurance/hostages as the 2 smuggling leaders leave.
- The captain and witch strike a deal for their freedom.
- Adventurers are given control of The Ghost and the remaining crew.
- Onboard, adventurers find smuggled goods (brandy, silk, mining equipment and weapons).
- 3 Lizardfolk in guest quarters, they are “customers” attempting to buy weapons from the smugglers. Logs show that this has been going on for months.
- A sea elf named Oceanus is found in a hidden prison cell. He was caught while investigating suspicious activity on The Ghost.
- Adventurers are rewarded an additional amount of gold for the return of the smuggled goods.
- The Ghost has been captured along with some of its crew.
- 170gp per adventurer
- Set of weighted dice (0gp);
- Set of greasy playing cards with 2 ace of spades (0gp);
- Grog Hovels, a book describing taverns and inns along the coastline suitable for patronage by a pirate.
- Close the Portal/Fix the Chandalier @ Waterkheel – Demons continue to appear through a portal. A powerful undead drow woman (Yalaga) is the caretaker of the underwater ruins. Kelp and Kjardi now haunt the ruins.
- Investigate the Dread Wood – Something unnatural is stirring in the Dread Wood, according to the sun-bathing halfling Ferrin and his seagull, Jonathan.
- Crabbers Cove – Gloomy Devil was never found. A halfling named Rat Albert is wanted for further questioning.
- Lizardfolk Lair – Adventurers find evidence onboard a ship and the Town Council wants to send a scouting party to a new, nearby lizardfolk lair.
- Serve the Crown/ Sail The Ghost – Adventurers who want to serve and aid the crown might be offered the use of The Ghost. Requires a 1-year commitment to the Crown, talk to Captain Elliander, Captain of the Saltmarsh Guard.
- Recover a Sunken Treasure – Captain Xendros has mentioned a magical mechanical crab was lost at sea, she would like someone to recover it. She is not ready to trust adventurers for this mission – a potion of healing has been purchased from her.
- Guy Windsong entertainer who is proficient in limericks and maybe a marine supply clerk?, half-elf bard;
- Kelda Hellsdóttir a red-headed hermit (follows the steps of her twin sister) on a mission to end slavery in the area. human druid, circle of the coast; (Age 30; H 5’6”; W 117;)
- Quixsy an elite soldier who broke barriers and became a role model for women. marine veteran, half-orc barbarian; (Age 36; H 5’8”; W 152;)
- Sar-Gassum (was that Sgt. Awesome?) his previous squad was crushed by a leviathan, soldier, water genasi monk (Age 23; H 6’0”; W 180;)
- Snaps (Chelydra Serpentina) she enjoys the sea, and hopes to buy some oceanfront property. marine veteran, tortle barbarian; (Age 30; H 5’6”; W 425;)
- Valamoir A blue-skinned, green haired marine with the blessing of Corellon they are hunting sahaughin, sea elf sorcerer/artificer; (Age 375; H 5’2”; W 132;)