The sea-elf, Oceanus, leads the party on a scouting mission – find and investigate a Lizardfolk tribe.
A Sea Elf named Oceanus was a prisoner onboard The Ghost along with three Lizard-folk (“customers of the pirates”). Oceanus will be leading an expedition to the lizardfolk lair to find out their intentions. The Town Council fears the Lizard-folk may be planning an attack on Saltmarsh.
Travel West – This set of adventures will include exploring the coast, Hool Marshes and Dunwater River. You will be away from town for about 1 tenday. You’ll also have a chance to continue other Saltmarsh quests.
Reward/Pay: 700gp total for successfully completing the mission;
Adventurers depart Saltmarsh and along the way they come across a dead whale, it explodes and sandy mud demons emerge and attack. A few mud demons are destroyed and the remaining retreat back into the sand.
Sar-Gassum and Oceanus go to explore the whale a little more. Quixsy shoots a crossbow bolt into it and it explodes again. Oceanus points out that Sar-Gassum has Muktuk in his hair.
The ghost of Will Stoutly emerges from the waves. He warns the adventurers that he was backstabbed and to beware of traitors. Will’s ghostly body then fades back into the waves asking them to tell Tom that he loves him.
Oceanus pulls some strange rope and iron equipment from the beach. Guy attempts to identify its purpose.
- Lizardfolk Lair – The Town Council wants more information. Oceanus leads a scouting party to a lizardfolk lair.
- Close the Portal/Fix the Chandalier @ Waterkheel – Demon-like creatures continue to appear. A powerful undead drow woman (Yalaga) is the caretaker of the underwater ruins. Kelp and Kjardi now haunt the ruins.
- Crabbers Cove – Gloomy Devil was never found. A halfling named Rat Albert is wanted for further questioning.
- Recover a Sunken Treasure – Captain Xendros has mentioned a magical mechanical crab was lost at sea, she would like someone to recover it. She is not ready to trust adventurers for this mission – a potion of healing has been purchased from her.
Players who are not level 3 yet, should level their character up to level 3 (900xp). This will be the new starting level for the next set of adventures.
- Adran Ostoroth, Githzerai Bloodhunter from the Order of the Profane Soul – searching for his friend Valamoir.
- Droth assigned to serve as a supporting medic for this adventuring band. water genasi grave cleric;
- Guy Windsong entertainer who is proficient in limericks and maybe a marine supply clerk?, half-elf bard;
- Kelda Hellsdóttir a red-headed hermit (follows the steps of her twin sister) on a mission to end slavery in the area. human druid, circle of the coast; (Age 30; H 5’6”; W 117;)
- Mossback “That’s Mr. Tortle to you!”, a local Saltmarsh fisher; tortle druid;
- Quixsy an elite soldier who broke barriers and became a role model for women. marine veteran, half-orc barbarian; (Age 36; H 5’8”; W 152;)
- Sar-Gassum (was that Sgt. Awesome?) his previous squad was crushed by a leviathan, soldier, water genasi monk (Age 23; H 6’0”; W 180;)
- Snaps (Chelydra Serpentina) she enjoys the sea, and hopes to buy some oceanfront property. marine veteran, tortle barbarian; (Age 30; H 5’6”; W 425;)
- Valamoir A blue-skinned, green haired marine with the blessing of Corellon they are hunting sahaughin, sea elf sorcerer/artificer; (Age 375; H 5’2”; W 132;)