Squid Squad enters the sahuagin stronghold and wait for the remaining party members (Kelda and Firbolg) to catch up. Firbolg gets caught in a whirlpool.
Sargassum throws out some rope for Firbolg to grab hold. Kelda uses Misty Step to move past the danger. Quixsy, Guy and Snaps apply first aid to wounded party members. Borgas keeps an eye out down the hallway.
Firbolg eventually manages to swim out of the waterpool. Kelda spots more sahuagin in the kelp but does not engage. Once everyone is inside the fortress, Sargassum closes the gate and disables the opening mechanism.
Down the hallway sahuagin prepare to fight and defend their lair. Rushing forward Snaps, Sargassum Quixsy and Firbolg intimidatingly burst forward. A group of 6 sahuagin guards are encountered, Squid Squad quickly defeats them. Borgas hangs back at the gates attempting to hold back the sahuagins.
Squid Squad has now re-entered the sahuagin torture chamber and prison cell area – they make their way past the armory and to the NW staircase leading upwards to the Royal Hall.
Player condition tracking notes:
- Sar-Gassum still has the Curse of Scales (scaly appearance: disadvantage on charisma checks and -2 from max hp)
- Guy – granted the Blessing of Procan
The map provided by the lizardfolk.
Active Quest Log
- The Final Enemy, The Assault – The Saltmarsh Alliance has decided to launch a full assault on the sahuagins. Take out or capture as many sahuagin leaders as possible.
Quests completed, or not available at this time
- Reptile Plague – the town of Saltmarsh has contracted a mysterious hex-plague where people become sick and grow scales. – The heroes stop the poison from spreading, Guy took evidence back to Saltmarsh in hopes that the town wizards can find a cure. While others believe the lizardfolk are behind this attack, Guy reasons that it is probably something different.
- Dead Fish – something is polluting the water and killing the fish; Ferrin (the sun-bathing halfling druid) offers 4 potions of water breathing to those who offer to find and end source of the problem. – still a mystery.
- Find and Stop Rat Albert – a halfling is the primary suspect in the deaths of forest protectors Marsh Marrow (a treant) and 2 dryads. – mission mostly complete; Rat Albert escaped and probably won’t return;
- Participate in the Lizardfolk games – strengthen the relationship with the lizardfolk tribe and prove that Saltmarsh can provide skilled and strong warriors. A magical item is offered as a prize in the final event. – Saltmarsh sent others to represent the town, the games are canceled when mud beach demons attack. Tensions between humans and lizardfolk rise – mission no longer available.
- Salvage Operation – A merchant hired the party to recover a box lost at sea 3 years ago. – 100% complete.
- The Hunt for Thousand Teeth – Queen Othokent wants adventurers to deal with the ancient crocodile that hunts near the lizardfolk tribe’s lair. – Investigated and lost a party member;
- Close the Portal/Fix the Chandalier @ Waterkheel – Demon-like creatures continue to appear. A powerful undead drow woman (Yalaga) is the caretaker of the underwater ruins. Kelp and Kjardi now haunt the ruins.
- Crabbers Cove – local fisher, Gloomy Devil is missing. A halfling named Rat Albert is wanted for further questioning. – neither Rat Albert or Gloomy Devil were found, fountain coin thieves are busted and some barrel mimics destroyed.
- Investigate the Dread Wood – unnatural things are stirring in the Dread Wood. The sun-bathing halfling Ferrin and his seagull, Jonathan believes a source of poison can be found by following the river. – the source is discovered and the plague is stopped.
- Recover a Sunken Treasure – Captain Xendros mentioned a magical mechanical crab was lost at sea, she needs someone to recover it. She is beginning to believe the adventures might be able to help with this deadly mission.
- Firbolg the newest member of Squid Squad is a large firbolg knight that goes by the name, Firbolg. (Age 20; H 7’+; W 300;)
- Guy Windsong entertainer who is proficient in limericks and maybe a marine supply clerk?, half-elf bard;
- Kelda Hellsdóttir a red-headed hermit (follows the steps of her twin sister) on a mission to end slavery in the area. human druid, circle of the coast; (Age 30; H 5’6”; W 117;)
- Quixsy an elite soldier who broke barriers and became a role model for women. marine veteran, half-orc barbarian; (Age 36; H 5’8”; W 152;)
- Sar-Gassum (was that Sgt. Awesome?) his previous squad was crushed by a leviathan, soldier, water genasi monk (Age 23; H 6’0”; W 180;)
- Snaps (Chelydra Serpentina) she enjoys the sea, and hopes to buy some oceanfront property. marine veteran, tortle barbarian; (Age 30; H 5’6”; W 425;)