We continue from last session – adventurers have just raided a treasure chamber.
The group debates which direction to go, and ultimately decides to go back toward the prison cells – where they sent a pack of hungry vicious sharks minutes ago.
It’s a tough decision, knowing that they didn’t find their captured comrade, Snaps, or get much information on the stronghold. However, they did raise an alarm, so escaping now seems like a wise decision. They retreat back toward the prison cells – where they sent a pack of hungry vicious sharks minutes ago.
Through a dark corridor, they approach the torture chamber. Suddenly 2 sahaguin emerge out of the darkness and attack Sargassum. Two spears are hurled toward him, he deflects one and hits his attacker with it. A familiar voice is heard down a dark hall – it’s Snaps!
A chaotic battle ensues, sharks tear into Guy and Jamie. In a desperate moment, Kelda hurls a fireball knowing that Guy and Jamie may not survive. Guy and Jamie have died. The remaining party members use the magical necklace of fireballs to defeat the remaining sharks and escape.
Player condition tracking notes:
- Sar-Gassum and Jamie still have the Curse of Scales (scaly appearance: disadvantage on charisma checks and -2 from max hp)
- Guy and Jamie made “The Leap” – granted the Blessing of Procan
The map provided by the lizardfolk.
Snaps and Oceanus have been captured and held somewhere in the sahaguin stronghold can the heroes find them in time?
The Saltmarsh Town Council asks our heroes for the following information:
- Determine the strength of the sahuagin force: how many warriors. lieutenants. and other battle-ready troops are present. (75% complete)
- Locate important areas within the fortress: where are the warriors barracked. the officers quartered, and the leaders housed. (5% complete)
- Discover any significant defensive measures: traps, areas readied specifically for defense, and other dangers the attacking force must avoid or overcome. (67% complete)
- Discover how advanced the sahuagin preparations are and when they might mount their first attack. (100% complete)
Active Quest Log
- The Final Enemy – The town council has decided to send a recon team (our adventurers) to the sahaguin lair. Snaps and Oceanus have left town and escorted the two lizardfolk diplomats back to the North – they await the rest of the party. The mission: infiltrate the sahuagin stronghold, determine their strength of numbers, identify key areas of the fortress, discover key defenses and learn how soon the sahuagin might attack. A full assault will be launched 14days after your return.
Quests completed, or not available at this time
- Reptile Plague – the town of Saltmarsh has contracted a mysterious hex-plague where people become sick and grow scales. – The heroes stop the poison from spreading, Guy took evidence back to Saltmarsh in hopes that the town wizards can find a cure. While others believe the lizardfolk are behind this attack, Guy reasons that it is probably something different.
- Dead Fish – something is polluting the water and killing the fish; Ferrin (the sun-bathing halfling druid) offers 4 potions of water breathing to those who offer to find and end source of the problem. – still a mystery.
- Find and Stop Rat Albert – a halfling is the primary suspect in the deaths of forest protectors Marsh Marrow (a treant) and 2 dryads. – mission mostly complete; Rat Albert escaped and probably won’t return;
- Participate in the Lizardfolk games – strengthen the relationship with the lizardfolk tribe and prove that Saltmarsh can provide skilled and strong warriors. A magical item is offered as a prize in the final event. – Saltmarsh sent others to represent the town, the games are canceled when mud beach demons attack. Tensions between humans and lizardfolk rise – mission no longer available.
- Salvage Operation – A merchant hired the party to recover a box lost at sea 3 years ago. – 100% complete.
- The Hunt for Thousand Teeth – Queen Othokent wants adventurers to deal with the ancient crocodile that hunts near the lizardfolk tribe’s lair. – Investigated and lost a party member;
- Close the Portal/Fix the Chandalier @ Waterkheel – Demon-like creatures continue to appear. A powerful undead drow woman (Yalaga) is the caretaker of the underwater ruins. Kelp and Kjardi now haunt the ruins.
- Crabbers Cove – local fisher, Gloomy Devil is missing. A halfling named Rat Albert is wanted for further questioning. – neither Rat Albert or Gloomy Devil were found, fountain coin thieves are busted and some barrel mimics destroyed.
- Investigate the Dread Wood – unnatural things are stirring in the Dread Wood. The sun-bathing halfling Ferrin and his seagull, Jonathan believe a source of poison can be found by following the river. – the source is discovered and the plague is stopped.
- Recover a Sunken Treasure – Captain Xendros mentioned a magical mechanical crab was lost at sea, she needs someone to recover it. She is beginning to believe the adventures might be able to help with this deadly mission.
- Droth assigned to serve as a supporting medic for this adventuring band. water genasi grave cleric;
- Guy Windsong entertainer who is proficient in limericks and maybe a marine supply clerk?, half-elf bard;
- Jamie half-elf bard/warlock, made a sudden and mysterious appearance through a time-warping portal; (Age 28;)
- Kelda Hellsdóttir a red-headed hermit (follows the steps of her twin sister) on a mission to end slavery in the area. human druid, circle of the coast; (Age 30; H 5’6”; W 117;)
- Mossback “That’s Mr. Tortle to you!”, a local Saltmarsh fisher; tortle druid;
- Quixsy an elite soldier who broke barriers and became a role model for women. marine veteran, half-orc barbarian; (Age 36; H 5’8”; W 152;)
- Sar-Gassum (was that Sgt. Awesome?) his previous squad was crushed by a leviathan, soldier, water genasi monk (Age 23; H 6’0”; W 180;)
- Snaps (Chelydra Serpentina) she enjoys the sea, and hopes to buy some oceanfront property. marine veteran, tortle barbarian; (Age 30; H 5’6”; W 425;)
- Susie Stackhouse earth genasi druid, covered with beach sand, mud and dirt;