Sar-Gassum and Guy have been shanghaied by a dwarven sailor named Rum-Rat! After a close encounter with a rot grub, they join the party and continue to explore the cellar and lower caverns.
The bard was missing one day
the adventure he didn’t play
he was in such a funk
that he went and got drunk
And wouldn’t stop ordering souffle
Adventurers continue further into the caverns, they encounter some strange slime and then a coffin in an alcove. They position themselves around the coffin, and prepare for the worse. As Quixsy flips the lid open a spooky voice yells out “I will feed on your blood” followed by laughter. The coffin is empty. The group bunkers down, waiting defensively and the laughter continues.
Just before the laughter stops, two snipers with longbows appear from the rear and hit Valamoir. Once again, Valamoir goes berserk. More voices of the smugglers are heard ahead. A chaotic battle starts. Valamoir goes unconscious, Kelda throws fire, Quixsy throws a coffin lid, Guy mocks the attackers, Droth stabilizes and heals his companions, Sar-Gassum gets some revenge on Rum-Rat. Bloody Bjorn is defeated, Snake Eyes is killed and his companion runs away vowing to avenge him. The battle ends when Snaps and Quixsy surround and defeat their narcissistic leader, Sanbalet.
We conclude this session with the group finding smuggled goods (silk and brandy) and a small boat. They explore the remainder of the house and return to Saltmarsh with the smuggler’s gear, confiscated goods and evidence.
The “Off camera” search of the house reveals:
Additional evidence of smuggling, rotted furniture and clothing, mold, a lot of insects, misc. building hazards, some spare coins and gems and a bag of filthy socks. The Marines are rewarded by the Captain of the Guard, Elliander Fireborn. Stolen items are returned to their owners, etc. The adventurers are also given some of the stuff as part of their reward. Guard Captain Elliander says “some of this might be useful to you in the near future, and some of it I just don’t want to deal with.”
- 164 gp and a flask of brandy each;
- Droth is rewarded a spell casting service coupon (a level 2 spell) good at the Temple of Procan;
- Guy – pipe of remembrance (wonderous, uncommon item);
- 1 renown point based on your background and friends;
- 1 suit of mariner’s armor (AC 14) scale male; (uncommon, magic item);
- Set of weighted masterwork dice (20gp);
- Book of poetry (rated M for mature) (10gp);
- Sealed bottle of “Jaunty Unicorn” wine (50gp);
- Dirty socks (4d4 matching pairs and 2d4 of misc. mismatched socks);
- Droth assigned to serve as a supporting medic for this adventuring band. water genasi grave cleric;
- Guy Windsong entertainer who is proficient in limericks and maybe a marine supply clerk?, half-elf bard;
- Kelda Hellsdóttir a red-headed hermit (follows the steps of her twin sister) on a mission to end slavery in the area. human druid, circle of the coast;
- Valamoir A blue-skinned, green haired marine with the blessing of Corellon who is hunting sahaughin, sea elf sorcerer/artificer;
- Sar-Gassum (was that Sgt. Awesome?) his previous squad was crushed by a leviathan, soldier, water genasi monk
- Snaps (Chelydra Serpentina) she enjoys the sea, and hopes to buy some oceanfront property. marine veteran, tortle barbarian;
- Quixsy an elite soldier who broke barriers and became a role model for women. marine veteran, half-orc barbarian;