Adventurers have traveled 20 days by boat and have reached their destination – The Styes – a port town that has fallen into despair and decay.
Captain Quixsy docks the Buoy Crazy and the crew begins exploring the streets of the Styes. It becomes obvious that our adventures are gaining the attention from various citizens.
A barrage of beggars approach and ask for spare coins. Firbolg gives out a few and the number of beggars grow. Moments later, a guard captain, Marlin, dispatches the gutterpups and collects an “Entrance Tax”. The group debates it, and eventually pays 60gp. Marlin threatens the beggars with being locked in the stocks if they harrass the adventurers. The adventures continue without further obstacles.
Down an ally, they see a group of kids bullying an older man. Quixsy and Snaps scare off the kids and Sargassum thwacks a few on the rear before they can get away. The old man is Master Refrum, he offers them shelter and food at his workshop and asks for an escort.
Adventures are led to a small workshop in the alchemists district. They have some broth and share stories with Master Refrum. They also learn that Eleanor’s brother was hung yesterday, accused of murder and they don’t believe he could have committed. The Styes suffers from various elements and Master Refrum is convinced that the adventurers are were sent here by the gods – to bring some light in a city overwhelmed by darkness.
Adventures begin an investigation that takes them to Constable Jute at a guard tower and Emil Trantor at HopeNever Asylum.
In the end, they uncover unusual behavior directed by or committed by a Styes Council Member. They also discover some clues depicting a tentacled beast in chains – perhaps a Kraken? Mr. Dory is now a prime suspect in the investigation.
Player condition tracking:
- Quixsy – drank a potion of Rapture Weed, hallucinations finally fade away – perhaps the ocean air did some good;
- Bring back the young Kraken. (A mysterious group known as the “Society of Tentacles” kidnapped a kraken from Yalaga’s trench). The Society of Tentacles can be found at The Styes, a far off coastal town.
- Recover the Warthalkeel Ark stolen from the vault A swarm of undead raided the vault. The ark includes the green conch shell (required to close the demon portal). Extreme power and gold are also contained in the ark; (near Firewatch Island)
- Close the Rift – A source of undead (Created by Tharidzun, near Firewatch Island)
- Firbolg the newest member of Squid Squad is a large firbolg knight that goes by the name, Firbolg. (Age 20; H 7’+; W 300;)
- Guy Windsong entertainer who is proficient in limericks and maybe a marine supply clerk?, half-elf bard;
- Kelda Hellsdóttir a red-headed hermit (follows the steps of her twin sister) on a mission to end slavery in the area. human druid, circle of the coast; (Age 30; H 5’6”; W 117;)
- Quixsy an elite soldier who broke barriers and became a role model for women. marine veteran, half-orc barbarian; (Age 36; H 5’8”; W 152;)
- Sar-Gassum (was that Sgt. Awesome?) his previous squad was crushed by a leviathan, soldier, water genasi monk (Age 23; H 6’0”; W 180;)
- Snaps (Chelydra Serpentina) she enjoys the sea, and hopes to buy some oceanfront property. marine veteran, tortle barbarian; (Age 30; H 5’6”; W 425;)